Friday, April 20, 2007

Newbery Challenge

I've decided to join the Newbery Challenge. This challenge runs May 15- December 31, 2007.

I'm not sure where I'll find the time to read them, but I can't help myself. I figure just entering the challenge will have me reading at least a couple books I'd otherwise skip over. I had a really hard time choosing as so many of them brought back memories for me. I managed to only pick one that I had read before (#6). Here's my list:

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry (1994 Newbery Winner and on my Dystopian Challenge list.)
2. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (1990 Newbery Winner)
3. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin (1979)
4. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
5. Up a Road Slowly by Irene Hunt (1967)
6. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (1963)
7. (alternate title) The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare (1959)

No comments: